Coronavirus WARTIME LOCKDOWN: Chinese cities in emergency mode – banned from leaving homes #coronavirus #nCoV2019 #COVID19 #wuhan #Hubei #Shiyan #china #emergency #epidemic #lockdown
CHINA has been plunged into further chaos from coronavirus after districts in major cities introduced “wartime” lockdowns, banning all people from leaving their homes.
Officials in a district in the central Hubei city of Shiyan have introduced “wartime measures”, banning anyone not directly involved in the crisis from leaving their homes. Buildings and residential areas in the district have been closed off, with security carrying out 24-hour monitoring. Those found to be breaking gather rules will be “detained without exception”.
A Government notice reads: “Residents without prior approval are forbidden from leaving their home, building or residential compound.”
This order will be in place for the next 14 days, according to a report from China’s state-run Global Times newspaper.
The emergency move has come after 137 cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) were reported in the area – the second highest number in the city.
As of Wednesday, a total of 562 cases were reported there.
Courtesy of express.co.uk
#Pentagon says more than a dozen #missiles ‘launched from #Iran’ against 2 #USA bases, vows ‘necessary’ counter-measures
The Pentagon said it would take “necessary measures” to defend US troops and regional allies following reports of Iranian missile strikes on US facilities in Iraq, confirming that over a dozen missiles were used in the attack.
“Iran launched more than a dozen ballistic missiles against US military and coalition forces in Iraq. It is clear that these missiles were launched from Iran and targeted at least two Iraqi military bases,” the Pentagon said in a statement on Tuesday, adding that it was now working on “initial battle damage assessments.”
“As we evaluate the situation and our response, we will take all necessary measures to protect and defend US personnel, partners and allies in the region.”
Courtesy of rt.com
Floods in Penal, South Trinidad, December 2019. Photo: PDRC
Days of heavy rain has caused flooding in parts of Trinidad.
Flooding was reported in Pernal, Debe, Barrackpore, Siparia an Princes Town. Trinidad and Tobago’s Ministry of Rural Development and Local Government said that communities in the Penal/Debe Regional Corporation (PDRC) had been worst affected. Schools have been closed in affected areas.
“At this time, 15 families have been evacuated. Shelters are open, however some roads remain impassable to low vehicles. Disaster Management officials are on the ground and continue to partner with the Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force to assist residents who are stranded. Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) volunteers, trained by the Ministry in emergency response, have also participated in relief efforts,” the Ministry added.
Trinidad and Tobago Meteorological Service said that Penal recorded 127.2mm of rain in 2 days.
The service issued several Yellow level flood warnings. However, warning have since been upgraded to the higher Orange level as flood waters are still rising in some areas.
Trinidad and Tobago Meteorological Service said that the Caroni River was at maximum capacity and had overflowed onto its banks and some low lying surrounding areas. Local media said flooding in Siparia was caused by the overflowing Tunaco River. The flood situation has been compounded by the occurrence of spring tides.
Courtesy of floodlist.com
“In carrying out instructions from the General of the Army Corps, Deputy Minister of National Defence, Chief of Staff of the National People’s Army, regarding the rapid response of ANP units deployed in localities that have recorded climate disturbances, and as part of their humanitarian missions, ANP detachments from the sidi Bel Abbes military sector (2nd Military Region) intervened in the regions of Rdjem Demouch, Sidi Chouaib, Dhaya, Oued-Sbaa and Tamlaka on National Highway 13 and at the intersection of Tamlaka and Oued Sbaa towards Titin Yaia, in order to open up these communities that have experienced heavy snowfall,” the same source said.
The ANP elements “provided assistance and assistance to citizens and proceeded to clear snow from blocked roads and runways”.
The ANP High Command “reaffirms the permanent mobilization of its units for intervention, de-enclavement, support and solidarity with citizens in all the affected regions by mobilizing human and material resources necessary,” the statement added.
Courtesy of aps.dz
After the landslide in Perené district, Chanchamayo province, Peru. Photo: Mindef Peru
At least 1 person died and 11 homes were destroyed after a landslide in the Junín Region of Peru.
The landslide occurred in the Perené district, Chanchamayo province, late on 25 October, 2019. A short burst of heavy rain caused the landslide, sending mud, fallen trees and debris from surrounding hillsides onto the houses below.
Peru’s National Institute of Civil Defense (INDECI) said a total of 5 people suffered injuries, 3 of which were serious. INDECI transferred the victims to nearby hospitals. Around 30 people were evacuated to safe areas.
Military personnel, including engineers, have been deployed to help with repairs and clean-up operations.
Courtesy of floodlist.com